cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <RBerg...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: KVM HA is broken, let's fix it
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:35:36 GMT
Hi Lucian,

Can you please explain what the issue is with KVM HA? In my tests, HA starts all VMs just
fine without the hypervisor coming back. At least that is on current 4.6. Assuming a cluster
of multiple nodes of course. It will then do a neighbor check from another host in the same
cluster.

Also, malfunctioning NFS leads to corruption and therefore we fence a box when the shared
storage is unreliable. Combining primary and secondary NFS is not a good idea for production
in my opinion.

I'm happy to help and if you have a scenario I can replay I will try that in my lab.

Regards, Remi

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 Oct 2015, at 00:19, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Following a recent thread on the users ml where slow NFS caused a mass reboot, I have
opened the following issue about improving HA on KVM.