cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Peterson <jpeter...@acentek.net>
Subject Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 00:34:52 GMT
I guess what i'm thinking is installing snmp on my server farm.  I will check ping hdd % and
cpu usage.

2 LB's check status of haproxy service
2 DB's check status of mysqld
2 CSMAN's check status of cloudstack-managment
1 CSTS jump box
1 Deploy server for quick redeploy of a all of the above

Now for XenServer does anyone monitor if it's running truly i installed it and added it to
cloudstack poked around here and there when I have issues turn HA off when i need to maintenance
a server to apply updates but i don't currently monitor if the virtualization is running which
i would like to and check cpu usage.

I do have alerts in CloudStack setup that emails me on those issues, but managment wants to
get everything under one roof to have graphing of usage trends.

Basically the host statistics in CloudStack sent out to a 3rd party would be great.

Jeremy
From: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@secretresearchfacility.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2015 4:13 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring

We've added our acs infrastructure into our checkMK monitoring using the
agents (for XS we've installed the CentOS rpm's) as well as SNMP. Works
reliable except we haven't written any checks for VM metrics so far.

Am Freitag, den 16.10.2015, 21:25 +0000 schrieb Jeremy Peterson:
> We are looking at a new monitoring software for our corporate environment.  Management
has requested that CloudStack and XenServer be added to that monitoring software.  One of
the software titles we are looking at is DataDogHQ.