cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <va...@kickcloud.net>
Subject Re: How to configure cloudstack for public use
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:52:14 GMT

Luis,

  Cloudstack is already meant to be public cloud provider software. There
is no specific configuration for that. It has its own limitations, but
majority of the tasks can be accomplished out of the box (I mean NAT,
SNAT, IP allocation, firewall, user management, VM management, etc.).

  Basic zone provides simple network architecture for the clients while
advance zone has VPC option to offer. If you are going to offer IAAS --
you should implement advanced zone. Advance zone is more complicated.

  External hardware devices may improve your set-up or performance, but
for PfSence there is no plug-in for cloudstack available so you can't
manage it from CS. I can't say if it is worth to use it at your future
set-up. Cloudstack manages public IPs and does NAT, so you hardly need
anything else to do it. For VPC you need external switch that manages
VLANS. May be you can use pfSence for that.

  Regards,

  Vadim