cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: password policy for new VMs
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 10:22:34 GMT
It will be a good idea to move the password generation to a plugin.
That will give flexibility to users who need certain restrictions on generated passwords to
provide there own plugin.

This can also provide hints on user password strengths and username charset, as envisioned
by the cloud operator for cloud users in general.

Octavian, If this is important for you then you should file it as an enhancement.

-abhi

> On 03-Sep-2015, at 12:08 am, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Octavian,
>
> There is a vm.password.length setting in the global settings, it defaults to 6.
> More control over the strength could be an interesting enhancement.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul Angus
> VP Technology/Cloud Architect
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: CloudyAngus
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com

increasing the length, defining a mix of special and alphanumeric characters etc.

> Thanks,
> Octavian

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.