cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Erik Weber <terbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Packer and CloudStack
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 17:04:43 GMT
In my use case i build the images in the cloud, ie. it boots a new
cloudstack VM with PXE boot.

The benefit is that my jenkins master that triggers on git pushes doesn't
have to be in the cloud and images are instantly available after building.

Personally i started this way because i have no idea how virt-install or
kvm works :-)

Another benefit is that you can port your templates to other platforms
(vmware fusion, ec2, andre, openstack, others) quite easily.

Erik