cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tim Mackey <tmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Packer and CloudStack
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:58:57 GMT
Hany,

Take a look at this: https://github.com/xenserverarmy/packer.  I updated it
last week for the changes in Packer 0.8.6, and have tested it with
XenServer 6.2 and 6.5.  Here are the things you might want to know which
I've not updated in the README.MD:

- There are two builders, xenserver-iso and xenserver-vm.  xenserver-iso
creates an artifact from an ISO (requires a XenServer ISO SR and will
automatically download the ISO if not present).  xenserver-vm creates an
artifact from a pre-existing VM which could be running.  Both builders
assume an NFS SR is present (by-product of a limitation in an earlier
implementation).  I plan on removing that requirement next week.
- Any provisioners you wish to define will work, provided they use the SSH
communicator.  I'm still working on the WinRM communicator
- There is a cloudstack-xenserver post-processor which will upload the VHD
artifact to your CloudStack instance.  It only requires API access.  If the
CloudStack instance is remote, tell the post-processor to compress,
otherwise leave it uncompressed (faster)

If you run into problems or have questions, just ask, and I do accept pull
requests.  Since this is your first time with this project, I'm very
interested in any "first use" problems such that the README can be updated.

-tim