cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Frank Louwers <fr...@openminds.be>
Subject duplicate use of tips?
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 17:59:10 GMT
Hi,

In a zone with Basic Networking, I’ve assigned a certain netblock x.y.z.0/24 to the Guest
network in CloudStack.

I have a VM-A that has primary ip address x.y.z.92 and secondary address on the same nic x.y.z.52.

For various reasons, *both* ips were configured manually, so not using the VR’s dhcp.

A while back, the x.y.z.92 was (manually) deconfigured on VM-A (so VM-A only used x.y.x.52,
but both ips are still configured to belong to VM-A in Cloudstack).

A few days ago, a new instance  (VM-B) was spun up, and CS assigned ip x.y.z.92 to that VM.
Why would it do that?
Today, a new instance was spun up (VM-C), but CS assigned x.y.z.52 to VM-C…

How and why does this happen?! Is this because VM-A does not use dhcp? That might explain
the .92 re-assignement, but certainly not the .52 reassignment, as secondary ips don’t use
dhcp anyhow…

Can anyone tell me what’s going on, and what can be done to prevent his? Running CS 4.4.2
at the moment, considering upgrading to 4.5.1 (or 4.5.2)

Regards,
Frank