cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Lothering <tlother...@datacentrix.co.za>
Subject RE: cloudstack and vmware production?
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2015 09:31:32 GMT
Hi Tejas,

I have answered in-line:

   1) Are you using CS 4.3.1 or 4.4.1. (We are using Citrix Cloud Platform 4.3.0.2 (variant
of ACS 4.3)
   2) Have you faced any integration related issues in your VMware setup with CS? (Initial
Integration issues, but this was due to a lack of understanding of how it works, but now it
is simple. You will need a vCenter Server, appliance or Windows Option works, DB HA for vCenter
is limited at this point, so I suggest you try to keep your RPO as low as possible.)
   3) Are you using NFS or iSCSI as primary storage in VMware vsphere? (We are using FC for
Primary Storage, but I would also recommend 10Gbps iSCSI, using NFS for Secondary Storage)
   4) are you using advanced networking? (Yes, If I can offer advice, assign dedicated NICs
(or NIC Teams) for your management, vmotion, storage, guest and public networks)

Kind Regards,

Timothy Lothering
Timothy Lothering
Solutions Architect
Managed Services

T: +27877415535
F: +27877415100
C: +27824904099
E: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:

Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Datacentrix
Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally privileged and
protected by law. Datacentrix does not
own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly
stated as being that of Datacentrix.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender
immediately if it has unintentionally
reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Datacentrix cannot assure
that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.