cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From cloud stack <cloudstack...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Having problem during configuring autoscaling feature in CloudStack
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 05:47:28 GMT
Hi Mr. Rajesh Battala,

Thanks a lot for your nice reply.

We have installed NetScaler VPX (*Version 10.5-55.8*) on XenServer and
using the 90 days free license.

*We have tried the following steps for AutoScaling with NetScaler:*

1. We have installed cloudstack with with *Basic zone* and added netscaler
by selecting the network offering
as DefaultSharedNetscalerEIPandELBNetworkOffering.

2. We gave the management (pod) network as 192.168.1.0/24 (vlan1),

                         guest network as  192.168.1.0/24  (vlan1) and

                         public network as 192.168.2.0/24 (vlan2)

3. Registered an Ubuntu 12.04 server iso, installed an instance and
prepared a template with snmp agent running on the VM and
application running on 8080 port for the autoscaler.

4. Then we configured the autoscaler by clicking Network -> Configuration
-> LoadBalancing -> configured a Autoscale rule (e.g., cpu >80% add VM and
cpu<20% remove VM).  But the problem we are having in this configuration is
that we can not ping the public ip assigned to the autoscaler getting from
public network (192.168.2.0/24).

5. We stopped the firewall in XenServer by using the command 'service
iptables stop'.

Not really sure the above steps are correct or not. Please let us know your
valuable comments or suggestions.

Waiting for your kind response.

Thanks in Advance