cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: instance password management
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:29:56 GMT
Hello Jaso,

	If I remember correctly - you can reset password when instance is not running. Then you need
to switch VM on and during start-up, script will get password from VR. You can do this cycle
as many times as you want.

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: STEENBLIK Jason [mailto:jason.steenblik@leonteq.com]
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 3:24 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: instance password management

Hello,
I have a template with password management enabled and the cloud-set-guest-password properly
setup. It all seems to work however it only works once at deployment. Is that the way it's
supposed to work? Should I be able to change the password again and again or is this meant
just to generate a password once?

If I attempt to change the password for an existing instance the cloud-set-guest-password
script returns with 'VM has already saved a password from the password server.' The output
returned from the VR is 'saved_password' which unfortunately is in line with the script's
return.

I'm running 4.3.2 by the way.

Many thanks in advance,

Jason

=========== The Leonteq Mail Gateway made the following annotation ===========

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should

not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should

return it to the sender immediately and delete the copy from your system.

Leonteq Securities is not responsible for, nor endorses, any opinion,

recommendation, conclusion, solicitation, offer or agreement or any

information contained in this communication.

Leonteq Securities cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or

completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.

If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended, please

call the sender. Should you require any further information, please contact

the Compliance Manager on compliance@leonteq.com<mailto:compliance@leonteq.com>.