cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sam Ceylani <...@mistercertified.com>
Subject New Cloudstack Setup - SSVM Installing Template - MTU 9000 - Useful Information for you :)
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 05:37:31 GMT
CS 4.5.2 - Shapeblue repo (http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/) - On a new Install CS-452
did not create the storage network with the proper MTU setting on Xenserver 6.5.0 SP1 (fully
updated) network.
// MTU was set to 9000 for secondary storage nic (which was applied to NIC when we checked
SSVM) before zone creation and after waiting few minutes for network to be created on Xenserver
network
(VLAN-random-34) didn't have proper MTU setting for vlan34 network which fails out of the
box because you can't edit anymore for some unknown reason and "really" hard to trace and
resolve since error messages are also encrypted :)
and it works half the time which throws you off, typical symptoms are: SSVM agent not connecting,
agent stuck in disconnecting state, SSVM ALERT (this was a good one), templates are stuck
in "Installing Template" stage,
SSVM navigating to /mnt/SecStorage takes forever, SSVM check script takes about  10 minutes
to finish, and half the time if you are lucky "it works" :) after troubleshooting full day
and half I wanted to share this, I know it is not
the right list to send this email but I just wanted to have this out there in case if somebody
is searching  to see why his SSVM stuck in "Installing Template" mode - Thanks for this great
product guys...

P.S : Templates are much more reliable now, thanks for those improvements.

Sam