cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <christian.kir...@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: updatecloudtouseobjectstore options
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 12:23:38 GMT
Hi Somesh,

here is the log file message:

INFO  [o.a.c.s.d.l.S3ImageStoreLifeCycleImpl] (catalina-exec-13:ctx-ffeee088 ctx-4f217213
ctx-3cc33cae) (logid:053d3
c2a) Trying to add a S3 store in data center null

And here the db output:

image_provider_name: S3
data_center_id: NULL
scope: REGION
role: Image

The data_center_id is also set to NULL in the database.

Kind regards
Christian

> On 14 Aug 2015, at 19:36, Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Naidu@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> Christian, can you try to find the following log message and paste it here,
> "Trying to add a S3 store in data center"
>
> In addition, can you tell me what values are being set in the DB for "scope", "role"
and "image_provider_name"?

> Regards,
> Somesh

in the details param to make it work.

>> My reference has been following code snippets:
>> ---
>> String useHttps = details.get(ApiConstants.S3_HTTPS_FLAG);
>>       if (useHttps != null && Boolean.parseBoolean(useHttps)) {
>>           protocol = "https";
>>       }
>> ---
>> public static final String S3_HTTPS_FLAG = "usehttps";
>> ---
>>
>> Regards,
>> Somesh

and via a separate option which I named protocol.
>> There was never an error but it hasn't worked either.
>>
>> Here is the last call I tried:
>> update cloudtouseobjectstore name=Secondary zoneId=01b01ed7-ed98-4908-93a3-8729ef0db427
url=https://my.s3.storage details[0].key=accesskey details[0].value=XXXXX details[1].key=secretkey
details[1].value=XXXXX details[2].key=bucket details[2].value=secondary details[3].key=endpoint
details[3].value=my.s3.storage details[4].key=protocol details[4].value=https provider=S3

>> Kind regards
>> Christian
>>
>>> Am 11.08.2015 um 18:36 schrieb Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Naidu@citrix.com>:
>>>
>>> Christian,
>>>
>>> I am not 100% as I haven’t tried this before but I was thinking the parameter
"URL" would affect this?

>>> Regards,
>>> Somesh

ca, now I am at the point where I need to test all the fancy stuff I configured.
>>> Therefore I need to switch from nfs secondary to s3.
>>> I found the updatecloudtouseobjectstore api call and gave it a couple of tries
with cloudmonkey.
>>> On the first glance it seems to do what it should do, but I wasn’t able to
figure out the right argument to tell the api call to set the protocol to https.