cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.2 release
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 10:44:50 GMT
Hi Andrei,

For minor releases, there is no requirement of upgrading systemvms so it’s not necessary.
All minor releases can be simply upgraded by upgrading the deb/rpm packages, that’s all.

So, simply - yum install/upgrade, or apt-get upgrade would work. I’ll get this added in
the docs explicitly.

On 25-Aug-2015, at 5:30 pm, Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@arhont.com<mailto:andrei@arhont.com>>
wrote:

Hi Rohit,

It's great to see a new bugfix release of the 4.5 branch. I've had a quick look at the release
notes and i couldn't find any info on the upgrade instructions from the 4.5.x to 4.5.2. I've
also noticed that the ShapeBlue repo has updated the systemvm images for the 4.5.2 release.
Could you please let us know what should we do to upgrade to 4.5.2?

Thanks

Andrei
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rohit Yadav" <bhaisaab@apache.org<mailto:bhaisaab@apache.org>>
To: "users" <users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Sent: Tuesday, 25 August, 2015 06:11:53
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.2 release

25 August 2015 - The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce
the 4.5.2 release
of the CloudStack, the cloud orchestration platform. The 4.5.2 release
contains more than 80 bug-fixes and improvements since the last minor
CloudStack 4.5.1 release announced on 11 May 2015.

# Documentation

What's new in CloudStack 4.5:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.5.2/about.html

The 4.5.2 release notes includes full list of corrected issues as well
as upgrade instructions from previous versions of Apache CloudStack.
Please see the Release Notes for a full list of corrected issues and
upgrade instructions:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.5.2/

The official installation, administration and API documentation for
each release are available on our Documentation Page:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/

# Downloads

The official source code for the 4.5.2 release can be downloaded from
our Downloads Page:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

# Availability and Oversight

As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack v4.5.2 is released
under the Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team
of active contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee
(PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including community
development and product releases. For documentation and to learn how
to join and contribute to the Apache CloudStack community please visit
our website: http://cloudstack.apache.org

For additional marketing or communications information, please contact
the marketing mailing list: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org

Join members of the Apache CloudStack community at the CloudStack
Collaboration Conference, taking place 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin,
Ireland. For more information, visit
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe

# About

Apache CloudStack is open source software designed to deploy and
manage large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available,
highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud computing
platform. CloudStack is used by a number of service providers to offer
public cloud services, and by many companies to provide an on-premises
(private) cloud offering, or as part of a hybrid cloud solution.

CloudStack became an Apache Top-level Project (TLP) in March 2013.
"Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", and "ApacheCon" are
trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and
trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

--
Regards.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.