cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Giri Prasad <g_p...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Mouting Dvd/Cd Rom from VM and Vm Networking
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2015 05:06:42 GMT
Hi Prapul,

Thanks for the comment. I will try that.

Vmware users are saying that they can mount a dvd/cd directly from within the vm itself. Is
there any options like that for cloudstack.

Also, Windows7 vm networking is not working. In the host containing Ubuntu 14.04, lspci says
:
  "Realtek Semiconductor RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller".

But when the Windows7 vm is brought up and in its screen, the Windows7 vm says:
   "Intel PRO/1000 MT Network Connection".

So, the windows7 vm, is not using the same driver as the host Ubuntu 14.04, and the windows
vm's networking is down.

Please let know, how to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Giri

----- Original Message -----
From: Prapul <prapul_cool2000@yahoo.com.INVALID>
To: Giri Prasad <g_pr23@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Cc: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Friday, 7 August 2015 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: Mouting Dvd/Cd Rom from VM and Vm Networking

Hi Giri,

For Cloudstack deployed VM you have  option  to attache iso,for that you make that dvd as
iso and upload it through Cloudstack.

Regards,
Prapul sriram,
Cloud Architect,
PSI Cloud Solutions,
Psiclouds.com.
On Aug 7, 2015 11:26, Giri Prasad wrote: > > Hi All, > > I have installed Cloudstack
4.4 on Ubuntu 14.02 LTS. Have also created two vm's like Centos6.5 and Windows 7, both 64
bit. > > The Ubuntu 14.02 LTS is showing me a Realtek driver, when the lspci command
is issued. > > When I go into VM1 of Centos 6.5, install it, detach the iso, and then
reboot the vm. Upon logging into the Centos VM, the networking is working cleanly from inside
this Centos VM. That is, pinging, browsing etc is working perfectly good with this Centos
6.5 VM. > > Then created a Windows7 vm, installed the os on the vm, detached the iso,
and rebooted this windows vm. When I log in into this Windows7 vm the network is not connected.
Upon inspecting the networking connections, windows is showing that it is using, Intel driver,
which apparentely seems not correct. > > Please advise, how to enable networking from
this Windows7 vm running onCloudstack 4.4 on Ubuntu 14.02 LTS, 64 bit versions. > >
Also please inform, on how to mount the dvd/cd rom, from the vm, in a single server cloudstack
installation setup. > > > Thanks & Regards, > Giri