cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: Cloudstack physical network on xenserver
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 07:08:55 GMT
Hello Fedi,

 	Public traffic must me "untagged" because the next switch after yours will not recognize
it if it is tagged.  You need to untag public traffic before sending out. To route internally
- you need to tag it.   I also have public traffic tagged internally and assign tag on ingress
and remove tag on egress traffic.  This is done by switch configuration.

	VLAN is used for isolation.  You can have same ip ranges on the same physical networks without
networks to be overlapped.

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fedi Ben Ali [mailto:ben.ali.fedi1@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:32 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Cloudstack physical network on xenserver

Hello,

On my deploiement cloudstack 4.4 and xenservers 6.2. i have configured multiple networks each
one for a specific traffic type (Public,management,storage,guest).

these networks are isolated and vlan tagged ,so on my xenservers  i have the 4 networks each
with a specific name label and pointing to a Vlan.

when i added the public ip range ,i did not mention the VLAN number of my public network.

Can this cause issues or not ?

and what is the pupose of putting the vlan number on the ip ranges ?

Thx.