cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sonali Jadhav <son...@servercentralen.se>
Subject failed upgrade of XenServer from 6.2 to 6.5 with Pool HA enabled
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 12:47:37 GMT
Hi,

two days back I upgraded ACS from 4.4.2 to 4.5.1. Has anyone tried to upgrade cluster of
xenserver from 6.2 to 6.5  with Pool HA enabled ?

I see this article http://www.shapeblue.com/how-to-upgrade-an-apache-cloudstack-citrix-xenserver-cluster/
But it was before pool HA was introduced.

Still I gave try to upgrade (which was stupid thing to do). Followed same procedure as article
says.

-          Added manage.xenserver.pool.master=false and restarted all mgmt. servers.

-          Then added pool master into maintenance mode from cloudstack.

-          Next, Unmanaged cluster from cloudstack. (At this stage as I observed that, except
the host that I added in maintenance mode all came in "disconnected" state. And pool master
was still showing "up")

-          Then rebooted host with 6.5 iso to upgrade (when I rebooted this pool mater, new
pool master got elected)

-          And when I started upgrade, it couldn't proceed with upgrade unless I disable high
availability on pool. (actually I knew that, but I forgot to disable it before:( )

So now, I had to roll back my actions, I rebooted that server, after it was up. I re-managed
cluster, and then all hosts status changed to "up" except  the one I was trying to upgrade
. Now its status was showing "disconnected" . I don't know why . I also existed it from maintenance
mode, still same status.

I can see in xencenter that it is still in maintenance mode. What went wrong?  How I can have
that host status back to "up" ?

I am suspecting this is what I have to do,

-          Change in db state of that host. (don't know where)

-          And then exit it from maintenance mode
Would this work?

/sonali