cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tim Mackey <tmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing guest default gateway
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 20:26:38 GMT
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 9:54 PM, Tim Mackey <tmackey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I feel this is something I should just know, but it's escaping me.  For
> > some reason the virtual router for a guest network I've defined isn't
> > setting the default gateway via DHCP.  This is CloudStack 4.4 with
> > XenServer 6.2 and it's an isolated network.
> >
> > This is what ip route shows after restart:
> > [root@piwigo122 ~]# ip route
> > 192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.131
> > 169.254.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link  metric 1002
> >
> > If I add the default route in via "ip route add default via 192.168.1.1"
> > everything now works as expected.
> >
> > The network was created using the
> > "DefaultIsolatedNetworkOfferingWithSourceNatService".
> >
> > I do have egress rules in place, so it's only the lack of default route
> > which is causing me a problem.
> >

> You wouldn't happen to have changed nics on the vm after deployment? Ie.
> deployed with "network1", realized it was wrong, added "network2", sat
> "network2" detfault, removed "network1"?

Nothing like that happened.  It's a newly created instance with a single
NIC.

> In those scenarios I have seen that the rules on the VR for not sending
> default gw on the additional nic is not cleared after it has been set as
> default.
>
> In that case, clear it manually (/etc/dhcphosts.txt, /etc/dhcpopts.txt or
> something like that on the VR), or recreate the VR.

I do see an entry in dhcphosts.txt, but don't know what it should look like
to know if it's broken.

> If that is not the case I don't know what's wrong, you could possibly
> tcpdump the dhcp traffic on the vm to see if it receive the information.
> That way atleast you can narrow down to troubleshooting either the VM or
> the VR.

Since this is a template from a running system, I'll start with the VM
tomorrow.  Could very easily be cruft in there.

Thanks