cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Remove nic error
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 22:50:57 GMT
Daan, thanks for pointing out, your advice works better.

Regarding the ticket, I believe Sonali did raised one for the NPE  - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8328.
It is currently unresolved. Don't think she raise a separate ticket for exception handling.

Regards,
Somesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Daan Hoogland [mailto:daan.hoogland@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 6:42 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Remove nic error

Somesh, you can refer to http://apache.markmail.org instead of
including the whole thread:
http://markmail.org/message/fwicbvz7tcqp2hhl

I noticed that the behaviour is not improved a whole lot in master.
There is still a catch (Throwable e) block. @Somesh Did you add the
ticket about this as discussed in the thread?

@Yuri: can you look for a log message starting with 'Unable to
complete .*, job origin:' and see if there is a message and stacktrace
about your job-7165?

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Glenn Wagner
<glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Have a look at this JIRA issue  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6853
>
> Glenn Wagner
> Senior Consultant, South Africa
>

> Phone: +27 21 527 0091 | Mobile: +27 73 917 4111
>
> glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeBlue
> ShapeBlue SA (Pty) Ltd, 2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West, Cape
Town 7130

as default and tried to remove "Shared guest network" NIC, but its failing with null exception.
I have attached logs.

> 2015-07-27 17:41:02,316 ERROR [c.c.a.ApiAsyncJobDispatcher] (API-Job-Executor-17:ctx-14e934eb
job-7165) Unexpected exception while executing org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.user.vm.RemoveNicFromVMCmd
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Job failed due to exception null
>         at
> com.cloud.vm.VmWorkJobDispatcher.runJob(VmWorkJobDispatcher.java:114)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.framework.jobs.impl.AsyncJobManagerImpl$5.runInContext(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:502)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:49)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:46)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.framework.jobs.impl.AsyncJobManagerImpl$5.run(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:459)
>         at
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>         at
>         at
> 2015-07-27 17:41:02,316 DEBUG [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobManagerImpl] (API-Job-Executor-17:ctx-14e934eb
job-7165) Complete async job-7165,
> jobStatus: FAILED, resultCode: 530, result:
> org.apache.cloudstack.api.response.ExceptionResponse/null/{"uuidList":[],"errorcode":530,"errortext":"Job
> failed due to exception null"}

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

--
Daan