cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: Cloudstack physical network on xenserver
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 08:35:49 GMT
That does not brake entire logic :)

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Remi Bergsma [mailto:remi@remi.nl]
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2015 11:24 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cloudstack physical network on xenserver

Hi Vadim,

That depends on your upstream provider. In our case, we get a VLAN from upstream provider
and send tagged packets (they take care of it from there). So, in that case the VLAN tagging
is handy/required. If you need to send it untagged, then tagging it wont’t work indeed.

Regards,
Remi

> On 3 jul. 2015, at 09:08, Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee> wrote:
>
> Hello Fedi,
>
> 	Public traffic must me "untagged" because the next switch after yours will not recognize
it if it is tagged.  You need to untag public traffic before sending out. To route internally
- you need to tag it.   I also have public traffic tagged internally and assign tag on ingress
and remove tag on egress traffic.  This is done by switch configuration.

> 	VLAN is used for isolation.  You can have same ip ranges on the same physical networks
without networks to be overlapped.

> Vadim.

each one for a specific traffic type (Public,management,storage,guest).

> these networks are isolated and vlan tagged ,so on my xenservers  i have the 4 networks
each with a specific name label and pointing to a Vlan.