cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: Password management on Windows templates
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:47:21 GMT
Rafael,

	Windows password manager is far from being perfect.  As I know -- you can't select user for
password reset in windows and I don't know any other program that you can use instead.

	For password reset to work on Windows you probably need to reboot VM. Try to search cloudstack
user mails for subject "Cloud Instance Manager only sets password after reboot on Windows
2012 R2".

Regards,

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rafael Weingärtner [mailto:rafaelweingartner@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 3:38 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Password management on Windows templates

Hey all,
I am trying to set password management into a Windows VM without success. I am using the application
that is referred here:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.5/templates.html#windows-os-installation

How does that program work? How can I configure that program? How does it know which user
it has to change the password?
I had already set up the Linux password management; there I could select which users it is
going to change the password.

Is there any other program that I could use to manage password on my Windows templates?

--
Rafael Weingärtner