cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: number of expected tcp connections to RabbitMQ cluster
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:32:33 GMT

On 17-Jul-2015, at 12:27 am, Yiping Zhang <yzhang@marketo.com<mailto:yzhang@marketo.com>>
wrote:

Hi, all:

We are in the process of upgrading our CloudStack from 4.3.2 to 4.5.1.   I just noticed that
for CS 4.3.2,  there are two TCP connections from cloudstack-management java process to RabbitMQ
cluster, but for CS 4.5.1 there is only one TCP connection to RabbitMQ cluster.

Can someone please confirm that this is correct?  If this is the expected behavior,  I need
to update our Nagios setup accordingly.

Is your mgmt server publishing to one broker (rabbitmq)? 4.5.1 uses the newer rabbitmq client
library, so not sure how the communication actually happens at the TCP level, from CloudStack’s
side we simply make a connection using the java client/rabbitmq library. I would say, if you’re
able to publish messages to it, you don’t need to worry about anything.

Thanks,

Yiping

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.