cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <mart...@vertigs.lv>
Subject Re: User data is too long for an http GET request
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 18:35:46 GMT
Done.

I ran up on to this issue when was trying to deploy CoreOS with rich
cloud-init data. So yeah, I think in future will be more users who will
use "big" userdata.
Issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8644

On 2015.07.16. 19:01, Pierre-Luc Dion wrote:
> Martins,
>
> post will work,  if there is no feature request on cloudmonkey could you
> add one in Jira ? I found too that it could be a valuable feature to
> cloudmonkey.
>

> ref:
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.5/virtual_machines.html#user-data-and-meta-data
>
> Cheers,
>

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <martins@vertigs.lv>
> wrote:
>
>> Looks like API calls with GET method can have only 4KB of userdata, but
>> with POST it can be till 32 KB.
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/server/src/com/cloud/vm/UserVmManagerImpl.java#L3434
>> CloudMonkey use GET method, when change method in source code to POST it
>> is possible to send API calls with bigger userdata.
>>

>> On 2015.07.16. 15:31, Mārtiņš Jakubovičs wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I try to push 8KB user-data when deploy new instance though cloudmonkey,
>>> but I receive error message:
>>>
>>> Error 431: User data is too long for an http GET request
>>> cserrorcode = 4350
>>> errorcode = 431
>>> errortext = User data is too long for an http GET request