cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KVM Node running out of RAM
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 05:49:26 GMT
Perhaps memory overcommit is set to greater than 1? What is your cut off
threshold? it usually set to 85%,  which means you always leave 15% of
memory in reserve.

Also, is your mem baloon driver in guest VMs disabled?

As a test, create some VMs that are slightly under your cut off
threshold, i.e. if you total is 256GB of RAM on the host and usable is
217GB (assumed 85%), create 4 VMs with 50GB RAM.

Next, install mprime or another memory load generator to allocate all of
its memory and see if OOM re-occurs on hypervisor.

Regards
ilya