cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Fabio Da Soghe <f.daso...@cognitio.it.INVALID>
Subject Current status of devcloud
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 09:31:04 GMT
Hello.

As described in another thread here, it's some (several) days I'm
working hard trying to get a running devcloud installation on Ubuntu.
Without success.

I followed these wikis/howtos:
- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/devcloud-kvm
- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DevCloud
- https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/master/tools/devcloud4
and tried different tags version: 4.5.1, 4.3, master (debian-based
packages).

The result was always the same: slow and painful advancement along the
process, until the point where the next step didn't work and no clue how
to proceed further.

About the more promising setup (devcloud-kvm), I had to do lots of
extra-steps not documented in the howto. I would be glad to contribute
these details to the official wiki page, but I'm not sure if it's
useful, since the whole process is not working for me.

So I'm asking to the experts here: is devcloud a supported/mantained
component (and as such it's worth updating the documentation, cleaning
up obsolete pages/packages and making sure the official package is
working) or is it entirely unsupported/obsolete (at least on
debian-based systems)?

Thanks for any replay.

Fabio