cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Reategui <car...@reategui.com>
Subject Re: Host failed issues
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 22:01:47 GMT
On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Andrija Panic <andrija.panic@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> Im not familiar with Zen, but on KVM - you would "virsh destroy i-xx-yy-VM"
> and then edit the DB set VM state to Stopped.

Hmm... Interesting... "xe vm-list" does show the VM as running. However I
was initially unable to stop it:

# xe vm-shutdown name-label=i-3-201-VM force=true

You attempted an operation which involves a host which could not be
contacted.

host: bf9bb7a9-ee8e-46de-855d-9712ed037943 (labxen03)
I had to force the power state on the VM first:

# xe vm-reset-powerstate vm=i-3-201-VM  force=true

# xe vm-destroy uuid=dfb377f9-7f7b-bed7-88d9-a03b3a5d96e5

> That should be sufficient to stop VM manually.

Yup.  Thank you

> Check from Zen Center if possible to shutdown VM...

XenCenter does not show the VM.  It only shows the ones on functional
hosts.

> If you still start VM for some reason on bad host - you can play with
> last_host_id field in cloud.instance table (or similar name...), while the
> VM is off, edit to point to some other host ID, and ACS should later try to
> start it on that  "new" host

This did it.  Table is vm_instance.  I have gone through the stopped VMs
with the last_host_id of the bad host and changed it.  Hopefully this will
do it.

Thanks!