cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From prashant priyam <prashant_pri...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Windows Template Startup time
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:20:27 GMT
Hi Timothy,
I have installed xen tools on before converting it to template.

With warm regards,Prashant Priyam(+91-8802955489)http://in.linkedin.com/in/prashantpriyam

> From: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Windows Template Startup time
> Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:28:43 +0000
>
> Hi Prashant,
>
> There are a couple of questions here:
>
> 1. Has your hardware been configured for optimal I/O throughput?
> 2. Have you installed XenTools on the VM?
>
> Slow VM Template Deployment:
>
> Initial Template download from SS is dependent on the SSVM, CPU, RAM and Network speed.
Check that all of these have been configured to optimal speed & size. Initial template
deployment is "slow" as the template needs to be copied from SS first. Subsequent deployments
should be faster.

> Slow VM Reboot:
>
> This is dependent on the hardware configuration and whether PV drivers (XenTools) have
been installed.

> Kind Regards,
>
> Timothy Lothering
> Timothy Lothering
> Solutions Architect
> Managed Services
>
> T: +27877415535
> F: +27877415100
> C: +27824904099
> E: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za
>

> DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
>
> Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Datacentrix
Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
> ('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally privileged
and protected by law. Datacentrix does not
> own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless
clearly stated as being that of Datacentrix.
> The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the
sender immediately if it has unintentionally
> reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Datacentrix cannot
assure that the integrity of this communication
> has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

350Gbs as Root Disk and created template on cloudstack 4.3 and xen server 6.2 .
> Now when I porvision vm with this template it takes around 15 minutes to start the VM
and after creation it again takes around 20 minutes to reboot the VM.