cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From prashant priyam <prashant_pri...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Windows Template Startup time
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:46:29 GMT
Hi ilya,
I am still confused where exactly error is . I have gone through the cloudstack documentation
for template creation and followed all the specified steps.
Is there anything more I should do to decrease the reboot time of VM.

With warm regards,Prashant Priyam(+91-8802955489)http://in.linkedin.com/in/prashantpriyam

> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 00:38:43 -0700
> From: ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Windows Template Startup time
>
>  From my limited windos experience, syspred was a multi reboot process,
> however after sysprep was done with several reboots as it joined to
> domain and all - it was behaving normally.
>
> If you say it takes 20 minutes to shutdown through cloudstack and 18
> minutes from xen, the issue lies more so between the hypervisor and
> template and not cloudstack...
>

> On 6/29/15 11:49 PM, prashant priyam wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am running Sysprep as specified in CloudStack Documentation for Template Creation.
> > When I tried to reboot it from xen server it takes 1-2 minutes less than cloudstack.
> >

> > With warm regards,Prashant Priyam(+91-8802955489)http://in.linkedin.com/in/prashantpriyam
> >

> >> Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:04:19 -0700
> >> From: ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com
> >> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> >> Subject: Re: Windows Template Startup time
> >>
> >> Just to confirm - you aren't running any SYSPREP on your windows VMs?
> >>
> >> Try shutting off VM without cloudstack - see if its any better.

RAM and 350Gbs as Root Disk and created template on cloudstack 4.3 and xen server 6.2 .
start the VM and after creation it again takes around 20 minutes to reboot the VM.