cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From prashant priyam <prashant_pri...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Windows Template Startup time
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 06:49:21 GMT
Hi,
I am running Sysprep as specified in CloudStack Documentation for Template Creation.
When I tried to reboot it from xen server it takes 1-2 minutes less than cloudstack.

With warm regards,Prashant Priyam(+91-8802955489)http://in.linkedin.com/in/prashantpriyam

> Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:04:19 -0700
> From: ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Windows Template Startup time
>
> Just to confirm - you aren't running any SYSPREP on your windows VMs?
>
> Try shutting off VM without cloudstack - see if its any better.
>

> On 6/29/15 7:06 AM, prashant priyam wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have create a windows server 2012 R2 64 bit template with 8 vCPU and 16Gbs RAM
and 350Gbs as Root Disk and created template on cloudstack 4.3 and xen server 6.2 .
> > Now when I porvision vm with this template it takes around 15 minutes to start the
VM and after creation it again takes around 20 minutes to reboot the VM.