cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Vasi <ugo.v...@procne.it>
Subject Cloudstack 4.5.1 with Ubuntu 12.04 vs Ubuntu 14.04
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 08:52:21 GMT
I'm trying to install version 4.5.1 from scratch but I'm blocked by a
problem during installation of the management server.

When I run the initialization script CloudStack-setup-management I
returned an error:

# CloudStack-setup-management
Starting to configure CloudStack Management Server:
Configure sudoers ... [OK]
Configure Firewall ... [OK]
Configure CloudStack Management Server ... [Failed]
Failed to configure CloudStack Management Server, please see the
/var/log/cloudstack/setupManagement.log for detail
Try to restore your system:
Restore sudoers ... [OK]
Restore Firewall ... [OK]
Restore CloudStack Management Server ... [OK]

It says to go see the cause in the file
"/var/log/cloudstack/setupManagement.log" which does not exist, the
right file is /var/log/cloudstack/management/setupManagement.log.

After a bit 'of research I realized that the problem is as follows:
DEBUG: root: Failed to execute: * JDK not found - please September JAVA_HOME

The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not initialized and therefore not
part of the Java software.

I started from a server Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and following the instructions
is installed by default openjdk-6-jre-lib, then java java 1.6 and not 1.7.

I do not know if this is the cause of the problem, but I wonder whether
it is not a problem from a more recent Ubuntu 4.14 LTS.

What contraindications there may be?

--

   U g o   V a s i    <ugo.vasi@procne.it>
   P r o c n e  s.r.l    >)

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
confidenziali ed è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è
destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandocene
gentilmente comunicazione.
Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare support@procne.it .
Rif. D.L. 196/2003