cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Peterson <jpeter...@acentek.net>
Subject Multi-point VPC & DRS on XenServer utilizing CloudStack
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 00:53:11 GMT
Is it possible to do a multiple VPC IPsec tunnel?

I have CloudStack 4.5.1 installed and VPC works find connecting to PfSense physical firewall
on site at a location.

Now I have a second location that would also like a IPsec tunnel to the hosted servers in
CloudStack.

I am using Advanced networking zones.

Also I have a physical server outside of CloudStack I am going to take the VLAN CloudStack
assigned the VM on the private network and assign that specific VLAN on the  5596 to the 10G
port connected to the server.

It doesn't look like it would cause a problem but does anyone have any ideas if it is a bad
plan.

Also I want to look into a CloudStack script that does similar works as DRS on Vmware.  My
Hypervisor if XenServer 6.5 SP1 and I'm using shared storage via iSCSI multipath.  I don't
want to have to worry about hypervisor over utilization so since CloudStack checks the hosts
utilization and the VM utilization why can I not use both of those features along with live
migration to offset the load on hosts.  If this is already available and I just can't find
it that would be awesome.

Jeremy