cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <r...@remi.nl>
Subject Re: Recover from outage
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 20:08:45 GMT
Hi Ian,

From experience I know that as soon as CloudStack talks to a hypervisor, it will get a report
of all running VMs and update its database accordingly. Even if you migrate a VM from outside
of CloudStack, it will just pick this up. Starting CloudStack should be safe I’d say. Monitor
the HA worker table for any scheduled HA work. Then you’ll have an idea of what it will
do. You can then always decide to stop it again.

Good luck!

Regards,
Remi

> On 11 May 2015, at 20:18 , Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee> wrote:
>
> Hello Ian,
>
>              Cloudstack should get VM state from cloudstack agent automatically.  Check
running SSVM and proxy VM that agent status is "running".  It just takes some time. Whether
CS will automatically start VM depends on compute offering. If you have HA enabled than CS
will try to start VM in a case it "thinks" it is stopped by itself.  But this is normal operational
flow.  If you've had some trouble than it may be harder to fix. I wouldn't dare to make chages
to database directly anyway. Will try to clarify that everything else works as it suppose
to.  If you would like to experiment on DB -- make a backup first.