cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prashant s <opsrunb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: enable local storage
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 13:52:12 GMT
questions :

is the SSD disks local to the xenserver , then yes you can create local sr
& add to CS.

Complete the following procedure to create a Storage Repository (SR) on a
new local hard drive (HDD):
*Note*: The stored data in the server will be lost.

   1.

   Run the following command to find the disk ID of the new device:
   *# cat /proc/partitions*
   A list of HDDs and partitions are displayed. Find out which device is
   your new local disk. Locate it by size. (This is probably “sdb” or
   “/cciss/c0d1p0”)
   *# ll /dev/disk/by-id*
   2.

   Find the disk ID of the “sdb” or “cciss/c0d1”disk. The
   “scsi-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” or
   “cciss-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”format is required.
   3.

   Run the following command to create an SR:
   *# xe sr-create content-type=user
   device-config:device=/dev/disk/by-id/<scsi-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   host-uuid=<host-uuid> name-label=”Local Storage 2” shared=false type=lvm*
   Or
   *# xe sr-create content-type=user
   device-config:device=/dev/disk/by-id/<cciss-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   host-uuid=<host-uuid> name-label=”Local Storage 2” shared=false type=lvm*

*for example *

 xe sr-create content-type=user
device-config:device=/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_WDC_WD1003FBYX-_WD-WCAW32786419,/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_WDC_WD1003FBYX-_WD-WMAW30367881-part3
host-uuid=96f06415-461b-43c9-b86a-4969b81b3d80 name-label=local-sata
shared=false type=lvm
d8e67caf-32a7-6234-f8c2-3bbd3a3010be
[root@dc4xen-c0u16n2 ~]#

now go back to you CS web ui and look  for the new storage in the primary
storage secion