cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Franky Hall <fra...@cartcrafter.com>
Subject Re: How to reserve IPs
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 04:40:34 GMT
Thanks Ilya,

I’ve already done as you suggested. It seemed to be the only immediate solution to my problem.

Warm Regards,
Franky

On May 13, 2015, at 5:36 PM, ilya <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Franky,
>
> I've also done backend reservations when i could not find a better solution to lock specific
IP address.

> This is less than ideal, since you will not be able to delete that guest network, but
it can certainly be done.

> Backup your DB prior to this change.
>
> in cloud.user_ip_address, find the ip address that needs to be locked, set it to state=Allocated
and add a timestamp into allocated field.

> I use mysqlworkbench tool from Oracle, which is free and really helps with making changes.
>
> Regards
> ilya
>

> On 5/10/15 11:33 AM, Franky Hall wrote:
>> Hi Ilya and Geoff,
>>
>> I’m running CS 4.4.2 with a Basic zone, so I’m not able to assign multiple IPs
to a single instance (at least not that I’ve found). The hypervisor is VMware 5.5. I’m
not sure what other information to provide.. it’s a pretty simple setup.

>> Thanks for the ideas!
>> -Franky
>>
>> On May 10, 2015, at 3:06 AM, Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>>> Franky,
>>>
>>> Can you share more info about you config, e.g. Is it a Basic or Advanced
>>> Network, and what hypervisor are you using etc.
>>>
>>> Ilya¹s suggestion of using a VM to Œreserve¹ IP¹s works really well, but
>>> if I can understand your environment better, I may be able to make some
>>> other suggestions as well.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>> CTO / Cloud Architect
>>>
>>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 <tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540
>>> <tel:+442036030540> | M: +447968161581 <tel:+447968161581>
>>>
>>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com
>>> <htp://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@cloudstackguru
>>> <https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>
>>>
>>> ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS
>>> <x-apple-data-detectors://5>

 As