cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Adding Second Zone
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 20:16:34 GMT
Hi Christopher,

Re seeding secondary storage with system VM tempate, it's best if you do, however if the SSVM
in the first zone has a route to the secondary storage in the new zone you can use the copy
template command.

If when you added other templates you added them as all zones and not specifically for the
first zone, once the new zone is online and the SSVM is running you should see them automatically
replicate across.

You can copy templates between zones from the UI or API.

Regarding adding S3 backed secondary storage at a later date, you will run into problems with
volume snapshots and the cleanest approach would be to add it on day one, or if adding later
delete all the snapshots and then remove the exiting  secondary storage, before adding the
the new one, but that can also be a tricky task.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/>
| Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://5>

On 7 May 2015, at 21:01, Christopher Falk <christopher.falk@reliablenetworks.com<mailto:christopher.falk@reliablenetworks.com>>