cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.ur...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Router Troubleshooting (howto?)
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 04:28:28 GMT
Hi Franky,

When VR get started from the Cloudstack management server you will find 'StartCommand' in
logs.
After this command CS sends ping trials  to VR. During this time VR will be in starting state.
Once the ping is success CS marks it as running state in CS DB.

You need to follow VR deploy related MS logs.

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 06-May-2015, at 5:07 AM, Franky Hall <franky@cartcrafter.com> wrote:

> So my virtual router was not receiving DHCP requests. When rebooted it would only bring
up eth0 and not eth1. So I destroyed it. Cloudstack didn’t recreate it until I made a new
VM. I saw the new VR get created in vCenter, but then nothing. CS says ‘Starting’ and
nothing is happening in vCenter. The VM exists now, but it’s not running and there are no
pending tasks.

> How does one continue troubleshooting from here? I can tail the management-server log,
but it’s so verbose it’s nearly impossible to tell what’s related to the VR and what’s
not.  How do I see the status on the VR creation? I’d love to learn how to troubleshoot
these problems in CloudStack; they always drain hours out of my day and in the end I feel
like I didn’t do anything. CS just fixes itself afar a few hours. That’s great and all,
but it’s a few hours my entire infrastructure is unusable while my hands are tied.

> I have five dedicated vmware 5.5 hosts running in a DRS cluster with CloudStack 4.4.2.
Just looking for tips on how to troubleshoot VR and SS problems..