cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Unable to set SSVM
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 07:59:01 GMT
Hi Merlin,

In your global settings, make sure to fix following options;

secstorage.allowed.internal.sites = 0.0.0.0/0
host = <put the mgmt server host IP that should be reachable by your systemvms>

After doing this restart your mgmt server, and then destroy the secondary storage systemvm.
Wait for the new systemvm to be in Up state, now try to register an ISO/template and see if
it works for you.

> On 12-May-2015, at 11:32 am, merlin@students.iitmandi.ac.in wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Cloudstack4.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 server system. The server
> system has an IP Address:-10.8.15.5 gw: 10.8.0.1
> I used basic setup to begin with. I gave POD a series of 5 IP's beginning
> with 10.8.2.11-10.8.2.15 and then set up guest VM's with another 5 IP's
> 10.8.2.16-10.8.2.20.
> On the server system I followed the :
> http://www.greenhills.co.uk/2015/02/23/cloudstack-4.4-single-server-on-ubuntu-14.04.1-with-kvm.html
> guide and set up primary and secondary storage.
> Also the Cloudstack agent and management server are all on one
> system(server). The various problems faced:
>
> 1) Now after having successfully launched the zones,pods,clusters,host
> and storage, I cant download an ISO image(cent o.s) and if, I upload an
> ISO image. It gets uploaded but in the properties shows no option to
> download or copy. Similarly for templates.
> 2) After few hours on the dashboard-system capacity page, The secondary
> storage reads- 0.00Kb/0.00Kb
> And when I open the Infrastructure page , the system VM's page, has SSVm
> disconnected. It tries to reconnect and recreate. like s-1086-vm, s-108-vm
> and keeps getting disconnected.
> 3) Also I followed  the guide to ping and ssh to run the ./install.sh
> script in the secondary storage, But I am unable to do so(Public IP
> Address10.8.2.19
> Private IP Address10.8.2.11
> Link Local IP Address169.254.2.1) on any one of them.
> 4) There is no virtual router.
> 5) There were few errors on dashboard , that I do not understand, or find
> any posts related to
> (i)No usage server process running
> (ii)System Alert: Number of unallocated private IPs is low in pod test_pod
> of availability zone test_zone
> (iii)Management network CIDR is not configured originally. Set it default
> to 10.8.0.0/16
> (iv)VM state sync alert

Regards,
Rohit Yadav