cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Steff <Laurent.St...@inria.fr>
Subject Re: Unable to set SSVM
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 18:06:00 GMT
Hello,

As far as I understood from Cloudstack, nothing except the UI is working if the Secondary
Storage
systemVM is down after an new installation.

For a fresh install, you need to download and install the correct systemVM template needed
for
SSVM installation.

Once SSVM is up, template upload, for example, is managed by the SSVM.

As pointed in the documentation you followed :

---
You should see two system VMs: one for managing secondary storage, and one for managing console
access.
If they are missing, CloudStack will try to re-create them every 30 seconds or so.
---

I would try to resolve this problem first : why the SSVM is not created by the Management
Server or connected
to it ?

A few way to find things :

- Management Server and Agent logs (you could set them in DEBUG mode if you need to)
- debug on SSVM (well, if it's created and running long enough to ssh it :D)
- libvirt/qemu logs

Regards,