cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Lothering <tlother...@datacentrix.co.za>
Subject VMware: Mass Storage Migration
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:03:31 GMT
Hi,

I was just wondering whether it is possible/supported to use the storage migration features/functionality
directly in VMware without using CloudStack to first disconnect the data disks, move the VM
+ Root Disk, then move the data disk and re-attach?

Seeing as ACS uses VMware API's would it not just do a VM check (as it does) and discovers
that the VM is not located in specific storage anymore?

The reason I ask is that I have ~40TB of VM data which needs to move, and the ACS steps is
long and tedious. I have considered using CM to do this, but am not 100% familiar with the
product yet.

Regards,
Timothy Lothering
Solutions Architect
Managed Services

T: +27877415535
F: +27877415100
C: +27824904099
E: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:

Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Datacentrix
Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally privileged and
protected by law. Datacentrix does not
own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly
stated as being that of Datacentrix.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender
immediately if it has unintentionally
reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Datacentrix cannot assure
that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.