cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Lothering <tlother...@datacentrix.co.za>
Subject Re: CloudStack & vCenter Operations outside of CloudStack
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2015 13:24:14 GMT
Hi,

Just a quick question,

Can we perform some operations in vCenter without needing to do it via ACS? Typically, we
are looking at migrating all our VM Instances from an old VMware Cluster to a new one, this
would entail both VM and Storage to new infrastructure.

The reason for asking this is that in ACS we need to detach data disks and then migrate the
VM, which can be time consuming. I was hoping that if we do the migration in vCenter that
ACS would pick up the changes. Please advise if this is safe.

We are running version 4.3

Regards,
Timothy Lothering
Solutions Architect
Managed Services

T: +27877415535
F: +27877415100
C: +27824904099
E: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:

Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Datacentrix
Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally privileged and
protected by law. Datacentrix does not
own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly
stated as being that of Datacentrix.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender
immediately if it has unintentionally
reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Datacentrix cannot assure
that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.