cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Bharat Kumar <bharat.ku...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: cpu overprovisioning
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:26:30 GMT
In case of cloudstack, cpu capacity for host is total of cpus * no of Ghz * overporvisoning.

total capacity = sum of capacities of individual hosts.

Thanks,
Bharat.

On 21-Apr-2015, at 6:49 pm, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Available CPU will be 3 times the actual CPU when over provisioned by 3.
>
> The UI not showing the over provisioned value seems like a bug.
>
> -abhi
>

>> On 21-Apr-2015, at 6:34 pm, Ugo Vasi <ugo.vasi@procne.it> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> we have a cluster of three machines with 16 CPU at 2.2GHz each and we have set a
cpu-overprovizioning to 3.

>> I would expect that the CPU system capacity of the dashboard appear with the sum
of megahertz CPUs multiplied by three instead I get the real sum (108MHz).

>> I do not understand if this overprovisioning allows me to allocate more MHz of real
ones asthe documentation say since in reality the virtual machines occupy on average only
20% of the computing power.

>> thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>>
>> U g o   V a s i    <ugo.vasi@procne.it>
>> P r o c n e  s.r.l    >)
>> via Cotonificio 45  33010 Tavagnacco IT
>> phone: +390432486523 fax: +390432486523
>>
>> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
>> confidenziali ed è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
>> Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è
>> destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandocene
>> gentilmente comunicazione.
>> Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare support@procne.it .
>> Rif. D.L. 196/2003

> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1Yol7cn0c4CnDObcpSirV3DCPZ0WVdvOa3LhGNjqR1LC8fdUx8eCLTnMMSoshd9HpKAnV6UPQ_yMd3M-1eZw2Ta-m7j5KgANh1cCgIkUg7gUvZUUMIkYZDZDpYP9IDOTuw6o3kuFAtJGiF0j7g8WWr6r9HIr7CqwJi047V_38MGrrr_r5JkLvVUoDdjYuhuBW/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fiaas-cloud-design-and-build%2F%2F>
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1QG_8HfqAJxyrN85oTEHIYNcbRgpmjrAkp0COA-UIvjKFK3VDTqCkj9wp1e8W2JML6G56lRvuJpQMr5faxHOlQGVsy3eWivku7VXSTR7Z_reGWbZS3mVJGbFxehTWTUAsA_HOfZ_i-dHdhIuYwCSXyx0PRQcIdyEE51ZlHghIwpl_CcVK4rj2EVlq5FWSNjbo/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcsforge%2F>
> CloudStack Consulting<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1Jd9xC30lbTOK4Yz24hsK-SYyFxcaJ15JHz5Aat3Lyd0qe4l_RGA3YuQAxdRlfgsKaT6hI61qwykCBNqiJRWwlaPIeK_FNJxaJtTYZ9o6c9gUZUI1GDDw2fGIesLOAjS5FnkfMjK4oqpmjkwKOCLxeXnBDDSoZhjQjyBB65K27drcx_ll0lovUbqvBoz1HRfM/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-consultancy%2F>
> CloudStack Software Engineering<http://secure-web.cisco.com/10UUubQoT9nA8gFa_q8Qn0och7aMNdFTHV-Yar0Ga9h9N4I3YNAockHpCCMMiqhnaECX7ZcolpDZ0IWds3ca9SDAQ_9hoGadj_YhjpPvW95NwJlv15UDNFNs8r99wke8pQl6BKjgzv94SQuWHueziP1J7X8G7uzAbyj7qqQIjwV8qqxyV81xYENQyXC13qHt9/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-software-engineering%2F>
> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1tHfpu6yxqCTFv4ED5hd1IzUqlDUAasw9gn30YT3ucOvb0PNffUKzHjrKXCpTie0_dZ2a1Veui99C8Qp-p9CiKkobjVQ7pQow2X2A6AYXKH5HwcPQ4zvZuLr30h5QBdE3MjtkFm_PM2JKk7WRAhtnukS0nvUJnIY1CzNyvezE5YVmd8PpcV-eZRBptj4Mv_5i/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-infrastructure-support%2F>
> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1x7d61M2SDzx2SvrIj9y8lD6Eepy3dddjEIFHasGDV_PPBn4EwtHVaqqdWSD1VShX_OR-DKgxqKGgB-dO7jrsSLYkWAw7UE1EeKQdHI4RW9BPnlYREiTeAcWT3YeOlfQh9EzHqk1uXnuftQxPCbewMDyEcqAzM6O-6r7R7sYuIxI6xPdCoei7JH2Bkpsljdp-/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-training%2F>

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.