cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Erik Weber <terbol...@gmail.com>
Subject cloud-init and password reset script
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 19:49:14 GMT
Newer cloud-init versions have support for CloudStacks' password server,
but only applies it on the first boot.

This is bad if you want to reset the password later.

I've normally run the password reset script under the per-boot section of
cloud-init, but since cloud-init now requests the password first, discards
it and tells the password server it has been applied, the custom password
reset script no longer get any password.

How do you handle this in your cases? I guess I could put it under
/etc/init and run it before cloud-init, but thought I'd check :-)

--
Erik