cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From cs user <acldstk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CoreOS/Docker - a new blog series
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:19:51 GMT
Hi Phillip,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I managed to get it working by
following this guide yesterday (might be useful for someone else):

http://help.ninefold.com/servers/how_to_create_a_coreos_server/

I put the user-data into a file with my generated token and then convert it
to base64 with:

base64 -w 0 coreos-userdata

Server was then launched with cloudmonkey:

deploy virtualmachine -userdata=base64stringFromAbove -name core01 -(other
params for zone, template etc)
deploy virtualmachine -userdata=base64stringFromAbove -name core02 -(other
params for zone, template etc)

etc......

Just need to script this now to automatically create farms. Seems to work
fine!

One piece of good advice seems to be that if you are setting up a CoreOS
> cluster using fleet, if any of the VMs fail to deploy completely, the best
> thing is to get a fresh discovery token and re-deploy all of the VMs. It
> does not seem to be easy to clear a 'failed' record from the discovery
> database.

I found this as well, great to hear it wasn't just me.

Cheers!