cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: guest VMs running NetBSD or OpenBSD
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 19:07:59 GMT
Jeff,

AFAIK paravirtualisation is no longer considered the way to go (unless you lack virt support
in CPU).
I always prefer Other/Misc profiles in Xenserver, gives me a more "proper" OS, even when using
linux. BTW most linux distros will enable paravirt drivers to access disk and network.

Even Amazon recommends HVM: "for the best performance, we recommend that you use current generation
instance types and HVM AMIs when you launch new instances.".
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/virtualization_types.html

HTH
Lucian

Nux!