cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: Best practicies to create full snapshots (block devices + RAM) with cloudstack
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 18:00:36 GMT
Hello Vlad,

Cloudstack does not support KVM's live snapshot feature due to some historic as well as current
problems.
However, if you enable kvm.snapshot.enabled flag in Global Settings, you should be able to
snapshot ROOT and DATA volumes; this will enable you to take "crash consistent backups" of
them and keep them in the Secondary Storage.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro