cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Vasi <ugo.v...@procne.it>
Subject Re: cpu overprovisioning
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:05:58 GMT
If I change the over-provisioning ratio in cluster-relative settings
(infrastructure->cluser->cluster-name->settings) the dashboard show the
sum of real GHz the overprovisioned amount of GHz (324GHz) as aspected,
but after a while also the sum of Ghz is multiplied by the same factor
making it unnecessary...

Il 21/04/2015 15:26, Bharat Kumar ha scritto:
> In case of cloudstack, cpu capacity for host is total of cpus * no of Ghz * overporvisoning.
>
> total capacity = sum of capacities of individual hosts.
>
> Thanks,
> Bharat.
>
> On 21-Apr-2015, at 6:49 pm, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>> Available CPU will be 3 times the actual CPU when over provisioned by 3.
>>
>> The UI not showing the over provisioned value seems like a bug.
>>
>> -abhi
>>

>>> On 21-Apr-2015, at 6:34 pm, Ugo Vasi <ugo.vasi@procne.it> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> we have a cluster of three machines with 16 CPU at 2.2GHz each and we have set
a cpu-overprovizioning to 3.

>>> I would expect that the CPU system capacity of the dashboard appear with the
sum of megahertz CPUs multiplied by three instead I get the real sum (108MHz).

>>> I do not understand if this overprovisioning allows me to allocate more MHz of
real ones asthe documentation say since in reality the virtual machines occupy on average
only 20% of the computing power.