cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vladislav Nazarenko <vladislav.nazare...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best practicies to create full snapshots (block devices + RAM) with cloudstack
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 17:24:33 GMT
Guys, Jeff, Lucian,

thanx a lot ... really appreciate your help!

kvm.snapshot.enabled -> true does not help. Gettting the following error

VM snapshot is not enabled for hypervisor type: KVM

One more question...

I tried to create a live snapshot with virsh command, but I did not
manage it

My attempts:

virsh snapshot-create-as i-2-18-VM i-2-18-VM-snap05 --diskspec
vda,file=/mnt/1b961429-c27f-3aa1-81be-cbdcca4e191a/snap05
error: unsupported configuration: disk 'vda' must use snapshot mode
'internal'

virsh snapshot-create-as i-2-18-VM i-2-18-VM-snap05 --diskspec
vda,file=/mnt/1b961429-c27f-3aa1-81be-cbdcca4e191a/snap05 --live
error: Operation not supported: live snapshot creation is supported only
with external checkpoints

Looks like  I'm not able to create a live snapshot on this system?

virsh --version
0.10.2

yum info cloudstack-common
Name        : cloudstack-common