cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sudhansu Sahu <Sudhansu.S...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Querying the API for private templates
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:22:00 GMT
use templatefilter=all as admin.this will list all template in system.

Sudhansu Sahu
Worldwide Cloud Services
T: +91-4044308412 | M: +91-9989334676
Sudhansu.Sahu@citrix.com

 CITRIX
 Powering mobile workstyles and cloud services

 Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 17, 2015, at 10:48 PM, "Somesh Naidu" <Somesh.Naidu@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> Admin user is allowed visibility to all templates.
>
> Can you try with listall=true and not specifying project/account ID.
>
> Somesh
> CloudPlatform Escalations
> Citrix Systems, Inc.

get values such as the operating system from the template.  Unfortunately, it looks like private
templates, or templates that belong to a particular account/project, which are not made public,
are not visible even to admin users.

> Using a template uploaded by another user as an example (which is not set to public),
I've attempted to view this template with Cloudmonkey.  I've tried variations of the following,
substituting the database id/uuid/string name for each field.

>> list templates templatefilter=all projected=<projectid> id=<templateid>
>> list templates templatefilter=all account=<accountid> id=<templateid>
>
> In each case, I can't pull back the template from the API, even though I see it in the
database.  In the database, I can see the template gets associated with an account_id (although,
I don't see a project id).