cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: Netwok offerings
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 07:19:46 GMT
Geoff,

I am using one NIC (bond) for public and guest traffic.  Public is tagged as 500, guest VLANs
600-632.
But I am still a bit lost in details. Assume I have B-class public network:  192.2.1.0/24
with GW at my router - 192.2.1.1.   I would like to have 32 IP dedicated to VPC and 128 dedicated
to shared public IP pool.  VPC IP-s are taken from admin "public" network defined during set-up.
So I have.
1. VPC net   -- tag:500,  192.2.1.0/27, gw 192.2.1.1, range 2-31 usable IPs
2. Shared public IP range -- tag:500, 192.2.1.32/25, gw 192.2.1.33, range 34-126 usable

But this will not work, because IP ranges overlap.  How do I partition?
The other question -- what device will play gw - 192.2.1.33 role ? Will it be cloudstack with
VR or should I register it manually on external router ?

Thank you in advance,

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Higginbottom [mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:13 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Netwok offerings

Hi Vadim,

You can use the 'Shared Network' offering for this, and assign a Public IP range.  Just be
aware that if you are using different NICs on your Hypervisors for Public and Guest traffic,
the Shared Network is still treated as Guest traffic so you need to ensure the VLAN you assign
to the Shared Network is mapped to the Guest NIC etc

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com