cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: Cloudstack 4.5.1: CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running, but pid file exists
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:40:44 GMT
I have fixed the problem by re-installing Ubuntu server OS from ISO, downloaded from the official
site.
The former Ubuntu server has been installed using PV guest settings from here: https://gist.github.com/mcmasterathl/b97661611a1c1c49400c

The only difference I have mentioned between these 2 "ubuntu"-s was kernel version. The one
that works was 3.16.0-30-generic, the one that does not 3.13-48-generic.   I really don't
know what is the reason of such different behaviour. May be the one that doesn't work is "desktop"
edition.  From the lsb_release info they do not differ.  Linux is really "kernel + utilites"
like one of my friend said and packaging does matter.

I wish to help developers porting management to FreeBSD as well. My other production servers
run this type of OS and I have much less problems with this OS than any other.

Vadim.

From: Vadim Kimlaychuk [Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2015 17:52
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Cloudstack 4.5.1: CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running, but
pid file exists

I have did this and checked permissions once again. It still

DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management stop
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management remove
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management defaults
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running,
but pid file exists.
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management start

Where did it found PID file ??? There is no PID file at /var/run

Vadim.