cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: Cloudstack 4.5.1: CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running, but pid file exists
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:52:40 GMT
I have did this and checked permissions once again. It still

DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management stop
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management remove
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management defaults
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running,
but pid file exists.
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management start

Where did it found PID file ??? There is no PID file at /var/run

Vadim.
From: Rohit Yadav [rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2015 17:40
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cloudstack 4.5.1: CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running, but
pid file exists

I’m not sure, but I’ve hit such an issue when I removed the log files.

First kill all java processes (CloudStack related, if any). Can you try this:

chown cloud:cloud -R /var/log/cloudstack/management

And then try to start the management server again?

> On 17-Apr-2015, at 9:49 am, Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
>            I have a fresh setup of CS 4.5.1. After “cloudstack-setup-management”
 I see no CS instance running. I have only one log file : /var/log/cloudstack/management/setupManagement.log
with such error:

> DEBUG:root:execute:touch /var/run/cloudstack-management.pid
> DEBUG:root:execute:chown cloud.cloud /var/run/cloudstack-management.pid
> DEBUG:root:execute:hostname --fqdn
> DEBUG:root:execute:mkdir /var/log/cloudstack-management/
> DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/var/log/cloudstack-management/’:
File exists
> DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service tomcat6 status
> DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * Tomcat servlet engine is not running.
> DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service tomcat6 stop
> DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f tomcat6 remove
> DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management status
> DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running,
but pid file exists.
> DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management stop
> DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management remove
> DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management defaults
> DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management status
> DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running,
but pid file exists.
> DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management start
>
>            Tomcat process is not running.  CS protsesses after exection are running:
>
> 2107 ?        Ss     0:00 jsvc.exec -user cloud -cp /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/share/cloudstack-management/bin/bootstrap.jar:/etc/cloudstack/management:/usr/share/cl
> 2108 ?        S      0:00 jsvc.exec -user cloud -cp /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/share/cloudstack-management/bin/bootstrap.jar:/etc/cloudstack/management:/usr/share/cl
>
>            but port 8080 is closed and no pid file at /var/run folder. No tomcat pid
either.

> Please, help
>
> Vadim Kimlaychuk
> integratsiooni arhitekt